Sunday, December 13, 2009

GIRLS: What makeup should you have in your cosmetics bag?

I'm 17, and I DO wear makeup...but I'm not that great with knowing what to have and applying it. At the moment, I have a lot of facial cleansers and moisturizer because I'm really intent on keeping my skin healthy.





How many beauty products, and how many of each product, do you own? (For example: At the moment...I only have one liquid foundation)How do you usually start applying your makeup? What are some tricks?GIRLS: What makeup should you have in your cosmetics bag?
In my make up bag: (Quantity)


-Concealer (1)


-Liquid Foundation (1)


-Compact (1)


-Mascara (2 -- one for everyday, and one for a more dramatic look)


-Gel eyeliner in tub (1) with brush


-Eyeshadow (2 separate colours and 2 quads)


-Blush (2)


-Lip sticks (4) and gloss (3)


-Various Makeup brushes (4) (Foundation brush, blush brush, dual eyeshadow brush --angle/blending, eye lash/brow brush)


-Q-tips for touch ups (usually 2-3)


-Small Flip Mirror with 2x magnifying (1)





I usually start by applying my concealer, then my foundation and really blending with the foundation brush. Then I start on my eyes (depending on how I am feeling at that moment and/ or where I am going, I might only do mascara, mascara with eyeliner, or the works). Once that is finished, I apply my lipstick or gloss and I am good to go.GIRLS: What makeup should you have in your cosmetics bag?
I have a makeup case... I use different makeup depending on where im going, what im wearing(style of clothes and colors sometimes), and most importantly how much time I have. I always find myself doing this when i have time





lotion SPF


foundation w/spf only where I need coverage use sponge


concealer again sponge


fill brows with brush not pencil


eyeshadows


eyeliner/smudged and with eyeshadow over line with similar color


mascara


blush/bronzer


lipgloss/lipstick





On busy days you have to play up what you have, not hide what you don't like. I have long curly eyelashes (people think I wear falsies or curl them) I have full defined lips no lip-liner needed, so i put on concealer some mascara, gloss and bronzer. You will need to practice a lot I've been doing my makeup for over 10yrs and I am still learning new techniques. Also I get to wear that much makeup and not look weird cuz im older you at 17 I would say just play up your good features, and occasionally go full blown makeup for prom and parties





f you are really serious about healthy skin always us SPF, make sure to get your Zzz's and keep that skin hydrated.
I start with sunscreen...If i want a tinted foundation with SPF i mix my powdered blush with my suncreen and apply it onto my face.





I use minimal foundation, only when theres spots to cover.





Concealer for under eyes when there are bags.





Apply blush, if u wish, unless you have that tinted look it's not necessary.





Apply eye shadow





apply eye liner upper lid and waterline





apply brow highlighter...





Ohhh and if you wish you can contour your face, but i usually do that at the end.





I dont' use mascara, but if i did i'd put it on second last before lipgloss/lipstick
WASHING THE FACE---


-St. Ives Apricot scrub [love it! Use it twice a week at night.]


-Neutrogena foaming face wash [takes off all my makeup!!]


-Neutrogena make up removing towlettes [for all those little mistakes and also great at removing makeup!]


-Neutrogena eye makeup remover


-Cetaphil face wash [for mornings]





MAKEUP ROUTINE [in order. The basic that I do daily]---


-neutogena oil-free fresh moisture


-smashbox photofinish primer


-mac selectmoisture concealer


-mac studiofix fluid


-revlon colorstay eyeliner


-mac zoomlash mascara





I have a lot of makeup products. I mean you should have whatever in your bag that works for your skin! I tried so many things that made me break out but my skin became perfect after using st.ives!! But thats just me. Its not the quantity that you own! You really want the quality of your face to matter!
as makeup.. i only have eye liner, mascara and some powder for the eyes, i always considerate the best make up is the less make up on. But thats my personal opinion ;)





But the only advice i could give and im pretty sure you already know it.. always remove your make up at night if you dont wash out your make up your skin will get irritated and its pretty bad on the eyes, especially if you wear contact lenses, it make deposit on it, which make the contact aged faster.





Else practice, you will find your own way and make up you prefer ;)
First thing I apply is moisturizer =]


(I use clinique)





Then I apply concealer, foundation, powder...then usually spritz some fix + (by MAC) to seal in my makeup.





Then I prime my eyelids with UDPP (urban decay primer potion) then do my shadow =]] apply my eyeliner, mascara and do my lips!





I don't usually use blush...





In my purse, i always carry carmex!!! And my MAC press powder for touch up. Also so gloss... Every girl needs some gloss!! hehe
well first of all a good cleanser is a must clean and clear....then makeup wipes or remover also a must ....with a good moisturizer (biore is good) thats how u keep ur skin healthy i own at least 2 mascaras one volume and the other lengthing the 2 in one ,,,ones dont really work that good n with foundation u need powder and liquid wenever u feel like going out wear liquid its better n wenever u are inside but feel weird about who might b coming over use powder its really light n comes off easy....... with eyeliner its watever brown or black whichever suits u and a good lipgloss n thats all u really need
the main things you should always have for everyday use:


-eyeliner


-mascara


-lipgloss


-foundation (powder,mineral,or liquid)


-blush





pretty much from that you can just add in stuff that you personally like. maybe your favorite eyeshadow color or some bronzer. its really all a matter of personal choice like clothing style.


answer mine?: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>



i own 1 eyeliner,1 lip gloss , an eyeshadow pallet with 4 colors, and 2 chapsticks





always moisturize your skin no matter what , better if it has spf 15 , use any type of lipbalm before putting on lip gloss or lipstick...
I think the most important is : a great mascara, lip gloss, a good concealer, and a great bronze.
Too much to count.
If you want to keep your skin moisturized, pimple free, protected against the sun and glowing i'll suggest some products (that arent too expensive either ;) that work the best for me.








CLEANING THE FACE


a.) Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser: This removes dirt from your pores, cleaes your face but still moisturizes it. No matter what your skin type is you should ALWAYS use gentle products. In any circumstance, harsh ones will only worsen the complexion (aka redness, blotchyness, aggravation of pimples).


b.) Neutrogena Daily Facial Scrub: The blue coloured one... use this once every 3 or so days to keep your face free from flakes as this hinders your make-up application. It also feels really good, and used like this in moderation doesn't dry your skin out.


c.) Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Cleansing Wipes: Miracles for pimples! When i get some, they are usually really stubborn. If i do - i clean my face at night with cleanser a, then wipe one of these over affected areas before putting on my cream (below). It really works wonders for me!





TONING THE FACE


Once upon a time, my dermatologist said never use toner. It dries normal skin out with excessive use, and for pimple prone skin only makes it oilier.


If you must use it though, I suggest Clinique's toner. Only use it during thre day if you must.





MOISTURIZING THE FACE


a.) I use Olay moisturizing cream. Look for the non-comedogenic one - this means it doesnt clog pores and create pimples. It levels out your skins natural oils, works as your own, and also contains SPF! Easiest, most effective one i've used in my life. It also works better than any base I have used (i.e. Napoleon Perdis Pre-Flight foundation base). I use this day and night, smearing some on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and working it in.





FOUNDATION


a.) Revlon Colormatch: I use Revlon Colourstay myself, as any other brand doesn't have a colour for my alabaster skin. I would reccomend the colourmatch though, as the colour almost adapts to your own. It, also, is non-comedogenic and has spf as well to keep you pimple free and protected against the sun.


b.) Maybelline Everfresh Concealer: Works well, but go easy on it! dab it on the pimple and work it out to blend with your foundation.


c.) Green Concealer: Ever heard of it ;)? Non-comedogenic - look for that word i keep mentioning on the back of packets. Redness, irritation and pimples are all the same reddy colour and green counteracts it! It makes the redness dissapear and leaves you with a very natural skin color... even better if you dab foundation or concealer over it after to match your skin.





POWDER


a.) Shiseido Powder in Rose: I use this, although expensive, because its wonderful. Makes my pores dissapear, eves out foundation and soaks up excess oil. Love eeet!! Probably best left for special occasions though, as i dont think its non-comedogenic plus the price (80$ here in Aus) so i use it wisely.





BLUSH


a.) Maybelline Blush: Not sure of the same, but its air whipped and light weight. For my skin i use a rose color - I generally stay away from bronzers as i prefer a light 'peaches and cream' complexion and smudgy eyes ... but this blush works well for me, in moderation.





EYELINER


a.) Maxfactor Kohl Pencil: Smooth, long lasting, a dream to create smoky eyes or line them. Line the upper, inner rim ('watermark') of your top eyelids, and also as close to your lashes as possible on the top. Do it in small brush strokes and use a cotton bud to smudge it a little. Then, bring it outside the outer corner of your eyes and line a tiny bit undereath your bottom lashes (about a tiny bit less than half a centimetre) for a really nice lined and slightly smoky look.





MASCARA - MOST IMPORTANT!!


a.) Maxfactor 2000 Calorie: Hands down, no contest. Best mascara I have come across in my life - and thats very many. Cheap, clum free, thickens and lengthens beyond belief! Widen you eyes, tilt your head back and wiggle the rush from root to tip through your lashes. Use the tip of the wand for inner and outer corner lashes so you don't get black everywhere, and brush over the tips of your lashes a few times to lengthen. I'm a firm believer in beautiful bold eyes - and mascara should always be used to make them look beautiful :)





OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER


a.) Eyebrows: People may pluck blindly, but eyebrows are one of the top most important things that can either make or break your look. I suggest if you already pluck them, cringe and let them grow back so you can re-shape them. Either order some brow stencils off the net (i am not sure where to buy them, i got mine in Japan!), get them professionally done (reccomended - one time pay for great eyebrows, then coninue upkeep by plucking stray hairs), or do your research on the net or in books and try to shape them yourself. Best way is to use eyeliner (pencil) and perfect a shape, then pluck outside of it.


b.) Face Masks: Young Solution make some cool mud masks that completely purifies your skin, drawing out all impurities and leaving it soft and paving the way for pimple-free complexion.


c.) Hair: Very important. Use Joico shampoos and conditioners if you can, as they are one of the only shampoos that re-construct your hairs damage with ingredients that are naturally found in your hair, rather tha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism