Friday, December 11, 2009

What is a good home based cosmetic business?

i used to sell avon and i got bored with it because there were so many reps in my area. i thought bout mary kay but it costs 100 dollars to start up and the products are expensive for some of my friends that i would try to sell to. i have researched like crazy....im tired and i was hoping someone could help me.What is a good home based cosmetic business?
The one that supply to the needs of your potential customers. Your friends are not your potential customers.





I suggest stop selling to your friends, or anyone who is skint, and go for people who want quality and got money. They will PAY the money if you can solve their solution.





Just get good at product knowledge, skin knowledge, and ask questions, listen to the customer, build relationship, and listen more, solve their needs for their skin and they will buy.





But please do stop thinking your friends are your customers. The world is big and it's a big industry and many spend a lot of money. So go for these people who spend good money and value quality than the ones that damages their skin in the long run.





If you knew what were in them, you'd drop and wish you never used many of the brand ones. They are 95% made in the same place but they bang their bottles and logo brand on.





Same with perfumes. Same with a lot of products. It's just people fall it because they don't know.





How I know? My wife is an expert beautician. That's what she did. She stopped focusing on friends and found people who value quality, want solutions to their needs.





She visited the countries and saw, many don't even have their own farms, factories and scientists. And saw, 95% are made from the same place.





Made me laugh when people fall for commercials now.





Never sell to your friends, pester them etc. Think big.





I can sense your passionate and you'll do great if you look for people who value quality and got money to pay for quality. Good luck and go for it. It's a booming industry!What is a good home based cosmetic business?
Well I don't know about you but I spend $100 very easily the grocery store, Walmart, a new outfit adds up quickly and all I get is $100 worth of stuff with Mary kay you are investing in yourself that $100 gets you $323 in full size products pl;us training materials, books order forms, mirror trays and more worst case you sell of the start kit and get twice what you paid.


As for the family and friend they are not your customer base so many people think they could only sell what family and friends would buy trust me I have been doing this for over 4 years and my family was no help. Mary KAy teaches you how to build you customers. I call family and friends practice I as them to let me practice on them so i got comfortable and knowledgeable in what I was doing sometimes they invited their friends who ended up being customers but think about any business do you think dry cleanser open because family and friends will use the business most of the time family and friends think they are entitled to a discount anyway not worth it.


Focus on what interest you and what you like to do not what you think others will do you have no control over that and if you think there isn't a market for it go to a department store the counters are always busy at make up and fragrance.
Are you sure you want to stay in the cosmetics line of business? If there is a lot of competition, it can be difficult. Also, since you've built your customer line with Avon, will they want to switch over to a new product? Just a few things to think about.





When I was researching companies, I decided on Scentsy because it was new to our area and I had a whole range of customers to work with. So far, so good!





Good luck to you!





Lisa
My cousin sells Arbonne and absolutely loves it. I don't know much about the product but she swears by it.
  • love girls myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    albinism