Friday, December 11, 2009

I am starting my own business selling Mary Kay cosmetics. please help I need marketing advice to get started?

One of the things my director did was have a ';celebration party'; for me. I invited as many people as I could. I sent out invitations with gift certificates for the first 10 people to RSVP. I called everyone a few days before the party to make sure they could come and if they could not then I offered to do a facial/class or gave them a discount on their first purchase with me. Start with the people you know and feel comfortable with and they will lead you to others. Ask people you are selling to now to give you referrals and if they do offer then some type of gift or discount. Don't be afraid to lose a little money to make it. The ';warm chatter'; idea is nice but it is hard to do if you are shy, like me, or just starting. I also had my husband take a few brochures and books to where he works and got a lot of contacts from this. The idea about nursing homes in another answer is a great idea because then you have the people who work there as contacts. You don't have to be pushy, just always keep an open eye for a way to get a contact. Then follow-up on any that you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism