Saturday, June 26, 2010

High End or Lower End Cosmetics..your preference?

i choose higher ends for certain types..not all high end cosmetics are creme of the crop. ive tried some more affordable products that outlasted and upstaged some the more costlier brands.





my fave:Dior


Least Fave:Covergirl





would love your awesome input ladies...and metro dudes (cant leave you dudes out) :)High End or Lower End Cosmetics..your preference?
I do prefer high end brands. Sure, they are mainly expensive, but they are an investment. They last longer and the quality of the make up is better. They usually don't make me break out and I have to touch up less often. Sure, some high end products aren't very good either. Some lower end products are great.





Favorite- MAC or Urban Decay


Least Favorite- Wet n Wild





Cover Girl saves itself from being the least favorite just because of LashBlast! It's amazing. :DHigh End or Lower End Cosmetics..your preference?
I am very picky about what I put on my face. For eye-shadows, MAC is definitely worth the price. The pigments are bright and vivid, and the selection ranges from mattes, shimmers, metallic shades, etc. I also use MAC eyeliner, but by far, the best mascara I have used so far is the Lash Stiletto mascara. I believe it is by Maybelline cosmetics. I love the glossy look it gives to my lashes. For glosses/lip plumpers, I use DuWop Lip Venom. It's a spicy cinnamon-y tingle, and the shine is impeccable.





In the end, I usually do end up going for the high-end cosmetics. I've gotten the best performance from them.





Fave: MAC


Least Fave: Covergirl
Generally I do prefer higher-end cosmetics like MAC, Lancome and Clinique. Overall the quality tends to be a lot better, it has more staying power and contains less ingredients that irritate my skin. Some lower-end cosmetics are nice, like Revlon ColorStay and CoverGirl Lash Blast, though.





Favorite brand: MAC or Lancome


Least favorite brand: NYC or Wet n Wild





I prefer to use a primer when I apply my cosmetics. I use a Revlon foundation primer, and a Lancome eyeshadow base.
I think the worst mascara ever is that maybelline one that everyone has been talking about. I think it's called great lash. I think mac eyeshadows are nice. I loved the prestige eyeliner in black. I got the waterproof one and it works really well. I also like how the pencil is the one where you twist it up, so you don't waste any products when you sharpen it. I think it smudged less than make up forever's aqua cream liners. My waterline smudged faster when I used the aqua cream liner. I also like shiseido's liquid liner. I use it a lot.





I don't apply a primer because I don't want to put that much stuff on the skin. I would do it if it's something special or when I'm going out with my boyfriend or something.
I gotta say high end cosmetics. I'm definitely not a label whore and I hate people that are, but when it comes to cosmetics, I'm more likely to find a high end brand that works well than a low end brand that does. There are definitely some gems out there in the drugstores, but you really have to dig, search, and research to find it.





Favorite: Makeup Forever


Least: NYC
lower end- its cheaper :)


but i like the higher end of the lower end, if you know what i mean.





if you do some research, and read some reviews, you can find really good drugstore brand stuff.





fave: revlon and maybelline


least fave: covergirl
I must say that I have expensive taste, to a point. I like, what I call, higher end.





My fave is a tie between MK and Arbonne


My least fave is Covergirl or Clinique
rimmels foundations are ok!


maybelline has some good mascaras





dont like loreal or covergirl!





lancome was not very good , netiher was clinique, ysl has some good mascaras. mac is overpriced! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism