Saturday, June 26, 2010

What are your favorite cosmetics!?

I haven鈥檛 been too happy with the cosmetics I鈥檝e been using lately and want to switch brands, but I need a good starting point. Please suggest your favorites in the following categories and please feel free to name a cheaper brand (Revlon, Cover Girl, etc鈥? and a more pricey brand like (M.A.C., Bobbi Brown, etc..). Telling me why you like that brand would also be helpful.





Lips





Eye shadow





Foundation





Concealer





Mascara





Eyeliner





Primer (eye and/or face)





Face Moisturizer





Nail PolishWhat are your favorite cosmetics!?
Lips:


- CoverGirl %26gt; Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers are good tasting lip glosses.


- Bonnebell %26gt; Lip Lites have nice nude shades.


- Nars %26gt; Striptease is the best nude lip gloss ever.


- Vaselline %26gt; Keeps lips moist and soft for a long time.


- Carol's Daughter %26gt; Lip Butter smells good.





Eyeshadow:


- MAC %26gt; So many colors to choose from and they come in frost, lustre, pearl, velvet, or matte.





Foundation:


- MAC %26gt; Studio Fix comes in a lot of shades for all skin tones.


- Physicians Formula %26gt; Mineral Wear Talc-Free Loose powder (cheaper version of BareMinerals)


- Bare Escentuals %26gt; BareMinerals, one of the best!





Concealer:


- Don't use concealer, but MAC





Mascara:


- CoverGirl %26gt; Lash Exact volumizes,doesn't clump as much, and is affordable


- Dior %26gt; Diorshow works wonders.





Eyeliner:


- Eyeshadow as liner...Pop Beauty Eyeliner Cake %26gt; 4 shades, gives me a good smokey, smudgey look


- Maybelline %26gt; Define-a-line (self-sharpening and comes with a smudge brush for a smokey eye)


- Laura Mercier %26gt; It's the only one I found with a Black/violet color.





Primer:


- Don't use primer





Face Moisturizer:


- ProActiv %26gt; Green Tea moisturizer (oil-free, light weight, good scent, doesn't clog pores)





Nail Polish:


- Sally Hansen %26gt; Has everything for all nail problems and doesn't chip as quickly


- O.P.I. %26gt; My favorite cause there's so many shades to choose from and they keep coming out with more and more collections every year.





Hope I helped. :)What are your favorite cosmetics!?
Thanks for the mention =) Definitely try out natural products...they are so nice...most people like to slowly step into it. Remember to sample though, when you do try. =D Report Abuse

Lips- benefit 24kt gold lipgloss or maybelline shinylicious





Eye shadow- urban decay shimmer eyeshadow or maybelline dream matte mouse





Foundation - bare minerals or neutrogena mineral sheers





Concealer - stila cover up or neutrogena concealer stick





Mascara - lancome waterproof mascara or maybelline great lash clear mascara





Eyeliner - urban decay liquid eyeliner or sephora thin eyeliner pencil





Primer (eye and/or face)- urban decay





Face Moisturizer- clinique dramatically different moisturizer





Nail Polish- essie
Lips - Bobby Brown, or Chanel: MAC - Lip Gloss


Eye shadow - MAC


Foundation - MAC


Concealer - MAC


Mascara - Benefits or Cover Girl


Eyeliner - MAC


Primer - Don't use


Face Moisturizer - Olay or Vaseline intensive care


Nail Polish - tend not to wear it but when I do I wear clear
Black Opal powder


Mac


Lancome


Neutrogena
Lips - basic chapstick. hate lipgloss/stick :x





Eye shadow - revlon and max factor. awsome combos :) max factor has a lot of versetily and you can go from soft to crazy and extravagant.





Foundation - covergirl. spreads out REALLY well %26amp; covers awsome. cheap and really great. the best products in my make up bag w/o a doubt. would not trade it for anything alse.





Concealer - don't use.





Mascara - covergirl without a doubt! also l'oreal. great lenght added and l'oreal takes care of the fullness.





Eyeliner - maybelline. very easy application, no sharpening needed and does not irritate my eyes. this is one of the only products from this brand that satisfizes me.





Primer (eye and/or face) - don't use any.





Face Moisturizer - almay three step daily mouisturizer for combo/normal skin w/ grape extract. clean%26amp;clear from the oxygen line : very, very, very mousturizing. very cheap as well





Nail Polish- n.y.c ; cheap %26amp; awsome french! avon is also great because it applies real well.
Everything MAC or Chanel
For me, I prefer and mostly use all natural, organic and mineral cosmetics. It's my preference and it's very good to my skin...plus, it doesn't look cakey and just looks closer to good skin...my skin, but better. =) I'm 30+ with tendency toward dry/sensitive skin...everywhere. So, that's my main concern area, that I like kept in order. I am also light medium-medium neutral beige with more peach than yellow or pink undertones.








Lips: I Love Lip Balms! I want extra moisturizing and am able to get it from: Jenulence - I love every balm, but the orange scented one, Alkanet Root balm is nice for when I want a hint of color...they moisturize like no other ; Aromaleigh - these aren't as moisturizing as Jenulence, but they are great for everyday and they smell so yummy %26amp; Same thing with Zosimos Botanicals as Aromaleigh, but ZB also taste great, then I also like Burt's Bees Beeswax Balm and Kiss My Face treat mint balm. *For Lip Color*: I enjoy the Lumi Lips from Lumiere -these aren't *sticky* or glazed looking like lipglosses, yet aren't too thick like lipsticks...a compromise between the two. I like the lipsticks from Aromaleigh and Zosimos Botanicals as well. For lipgloss I enjoy Silk Naturals - these are in a blam tube and have sheer tint and also not glossy or sticky. Prices range from $3.00 to $12.00 each.





Eye shadow: here it's all mineral for me. I love all kinds of different brands. For *wowser* * higher pigmented shades (usually used for eyelining) I love Lumiere's Glitz and Shimmers; Aromaleigh's Sonic Rocks! (these aren't as natural but they are wowsers) and their Pure Huges (natural mineral); Alima's Luminous Shimmers (muted wowser, but nice), Milan's ';Do You'; Pigments (these are similar to AL's Sonic Rocks!), My Minerals Bath %26amp; Body eyeshadows (some are also soft), Eyebrows: Lumiere Matte (they have very nice hair color shades), for softer colors/or as a base: Lumiere's Silkies, Mattes %26amp; 3-D eye powders, Aromaleigh's other eyeshadows (all are pretty), Everyday Minerals (there are a couple nice wowsers in the mix too), Valerie Beauty (also a few wowsers there), Terra Firma, bareFaced Minerals (love the senoran collection), Jenulence (these wear like iron).





Foundation: I use Lumiere almost exclusively and as my ';go to'; for everyday. My holy grail is Flawless foundation, but also enjoy using their Luminesse (for when I have a dull face day) and Cashmere (for when I want to apply *wet* w/ duo fiber optic) %26amp; sometimes I'll mix one of these with my Flawless. Other foundations/brands I like, but don't wear as much as Lumi are Mineral Essence, bareSelect and Jane Iredale's Liquid Minerals (I hate thick liquid makeup %26amp; this is more like a lotion..I use it more for concealing).





Blush/Face Colors: Lumiere, Dayna's Minerals, Milan, Aromaleigh, Terra Firma, Valerie Beauty %26amp; sometimes Alima, MAD %26amp; Everyday Minerals.





Concealer: for regular concealing/blemish cover, I love Lumiere's Healing Concealer, Corrective powders I'll use mainly Aromaleigh and Everyday Minerals, for undereye circles, I use a product that was made for me by the owner of Lumiere as a tester. Generally, on most days I don't need much concealer (if any) with mineral foundation though.





Mascara: Jane Iredale PureLash Lengthening mascara (w/ or w/o the PureLash conditioner, depends on mood and time) -love this for everyday, it's not only pretty natural, but it looks natural, but my eyelashes but better. For waterproof blinc Kiss Me mascara wins hands down! --even though it isn't natural. lol





Eyeliner: *see eyeshadow above %26amp; for lazy times/eyeliner pencils I use Jane Iredale and Zosimos Botanicals (highlighter pencil).





Primer (eye and/or face): *liquid primers* Lumiere Perfecting Primer or Camellia Rose Skin Smoothing Primer. Both are awesome and don't know which I like better...smooths out the canvas beautifully %26amp; fills in the pores. *powder primers* Aromaleigh Nocturne %26amp; MAD Exquisite Minerals - both are actually nighttime treatment powders, but I find they both work great under makeup as well %26amp; are great for when my skin is sensitive. I like Aromaleigh much better though, but both are really nice...just MAD's is a bit pale/white-ish.





Face Moisturizer: I use emu oil from Lure Beauty on my entire face...love this stuff! It moisturizes like nothing else, helps correct my oil production (lack there of, but also helps others with correcting oily skin), helps heal my sensitive skin %26amp; blemishes %26amp; plumps out my skin..making pores and fine lines appear smaller/less noticeable. For under eyes I use mainly what emu oil I put on my face, plus Diminish clear emu oil from Lumiere and/or Squalane (olive derived) from Lure Beauty. I also enjoy some natural skincare products from Camellia Rose and Aubrey Organics, that I'll use mainly at nighttime over my emu oil.





Nail Polish: I just get the cheap stuff! I only paint my toes ';colors'; %26amp; I'll use Wet N' Wild, N.Y.C. and whatever else is under $2/bottle. WnW %26amp; NYC do have some very nice colors though and they wear well. Fingernails: I actually (lol) like Yves Rocher ...found out by accident, but that company is good for nail polish and that's the only thing I like from them...their french manicure polishes are very nice and I like their clear as well (and it's CHEAP)...with nails it's either clear or french for me. lol





Wow, that is a lot of brands %26amp; I think that's it...at least the ones I ';go to';. I'm almost embarrassed. lol
lips..dior lipgloss (snow cherry)


eyeshadows.. mac


foundation..mac (mineralize satinfinish)


concealer... benefit (bo-ing)


mascara..maybelline (define-a-lash)


eyeliner...make up forever (black)


primer face..smashbox


face moisturizer...murad
Lips....Gloss with lip plumping (Bath and Body/Victoria


Secret)





Eye shadow.....Mac no questions asked best ever!





Foundation...I don't use foundation, but if not necessary I


would use a bronzer





Concealer.....Max factor





Mascara....Mabelline





Eyeliner....Use a darker eye shadow it gives a better effect





Primer (eye and/or face).....not necessary





Face Moisturizer.....olay total effects





Nail Polish...OPI
Lipgloss- Mary Kay





Eyes-Bare Escentuals





Face- Same as Above





Mascara- Maybelline ;)





Moisturizer- Always use Sunscreen





Nails- Rimmel
Lips-


I really don't worry much about my lip gloss, Dior Addict makes a good one, but it's such a waste to spend so much money on a pricey lip gloss when they are so many good inexpensive ones around. Chapstick of course is essential, and I would say Covergirl Wetslicks





Eyeshadow-


Ulta eyeshadows are amazing. They have them in such a wide range of colors. Of course MAC pigments are also beyond comparison.





Foundation-


Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer





Concealer-


MAC





Mascara-


Maybellline or Bourjois





Eyeliner-


Prestige (also another thing you shouldn't spend too much on because they run out so quickly)





Primer-


Smashbox for face, Urban Decay for eyes





Face Moisturizer-


Jergens gradual tanning moisturizer





Nail Polish-


Sally Hansen or Wet n' Wild











Oh and for blush


Nars blush in Orgasm, Benefit Bene-tint orr the sephora stick blush.
lips: E.l.f lip gloss and Victoria Secret Sexy Lip Gloss





eye shadow: Avon cheap and the colors are really pretty





foundation: Bare Minerals and Loreal True Match%26lt;%26lt;nice smooth result





Concealer: the one and only%26gt;%26gt; Boing by Benefit, the only concealer that covers my REALLY dark circles





Mascara: Clinique sample..lol (I like it a lot, but I also used to use Loreal Voluminous mascara, which is good too)





eyeliner: N.Y.C really cheap and for me, it does the same thing as high-end ones.





primer: don't use it =/





moisturizer: Dove with SPF during the day and Mary Kay Velocity%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;GREAT stuff at night





nail polish: haven't used any lately , why? I'm house cleaner, so my hands are abused everyday with all the products , etc..so I think twice about spending a long time doing my nails..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism