Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's your take on Nyx Cosmetics?

im thinking of ordering and i've seen two mac%26amp;nyx comparing videos and nyx got the better end.





but i want some more takes ^^What's your take on Nyx Cosmetics?
They have some great products very compairable to high end brands like MAC! I'll give you an overview of the products I've tried.





Lipglosses- I've tried a few, they are very nice, look great on, not sticky, and the colors are awesome.


Lipsticks- Very nice and pigmented, especially for the chreap price, they stay on really well and don't dry out my lips like other brands do.


Loose eyeshadows- Wonderful for only 99 cents, very pigmented and they look great on.


Pressed shadows- Also great and very pigmented, I love them just as much as my MAC shadows.


Blush- I have one blush and it's really nice and just a tiny bit of it goes a long way.


Nail polishes- I much prefer these over OPI, they stay on really well with no chipping.


Jumbo eyeshadow pencils- I love these as a base under my eyeshadow.





I also have an eyeliner brush and some lip liners, all are really awesome especially for the price.





If you do order any, get it from cherryculture.com since they have lower prices than the NYX site. I highly reccomend any of their stuff!What's your take on Nyx Cosmetics?
I have used both, MAC is far superior to NYX. you get what you pay for
MAC is better, but NYX is more affordable.
It depends on your taste. Personally, I love both brands. MAC to me is high pigmented, you only need a dab to get colour, but NYX compares well.





NYX has jumbo eyeshadow pencils, amazing colours and beautiful pigmentation! They look exactly how the pencil shows them on the eyes, but they are creamy which unfortunately equals to creasing. Use a good base such as UDPP, and they'll stay beautifully put for hours. They are very comparable to MAC Shadesticks, personally I like NYX a bit better in that department because I find Shadesticks are a bit harder to apply unless you warm it up with your hands.





Another comparison is the MAC Pigments to the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania. I love the UPM's, you can get them at cherryculture.com for 99 cents a piece, comparable to MAC's pigments which here in Canada retail for 24.50 a piece. I've only tried one of MAC's pigments (Chartreuse, BEAUTIFUL green, works wonders on brown eyes), and a few UPM's by NYX. I personally prefere MAC's just because I find they stick better to the skin and have better colour payoff when you use it dry, however NYX's are great too and dirt cheap. Use a primer and wet the NYX loose shadows, and you have eye popping colours. They have some great highlight colours. The only other negative thing is that they only have mostly blues and pink tones with their pigments, while MAC has many colours (but expensive) to chose from.





Basically, if you are looking for a good pigmentation with a beautiful range of colours, go with NYX. If you are more high end and prefere high quality products, go with MAC.





I will say, NYX is one of my favourite drugstore brands out of all that I've tried, and being a Makeup Artist, I've tried basically every brand out there today! Wet 'n' Wild makes beautiful metallic eyeliner colours as well, and I love L'Oreal mascara and blush.





For eyeshadows however, I stick with NYX and MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism